Class Style: I teach mediation and mindfulness that is made easy and accessible to all. I also teach hatha flow combining synchronized breath with movement to achieve flow in the true sense of the word; that feeling of being in the zone, with a total loss of the sense of self, yet gaining crystal clear clarity of who you truly are.
Why I teach Yoga: Teaching yoga as a mental health professional has become my new passion outside of my psychotherapy office. I love the way yoga is a healthy way of empowering others to not only becoming more flexible and confident with their bodies but more flexible and confident with the ways we use our minds. During practice when we are invited to hold a pose, breathe and create an inner stillness we learn a lot of valuable information about the inner workings of our mind and the choices we have in order to create a healthy relationship with ourselves and others.
- Yoga Alliance Certified Ayurveda and Yoga Teacher Training with Jessica Kruse, Costa Rica (200 hours certified by Yoga Alliance)
- Psychotherapist Permit with the Ordre des Psychologues du Quebec (60553-13)
- Seven Day Mindfulness Training (MBSR) with Jon Kabat- Zinn, Omega Institute, Rhinebeck New York
- Yoga for Mood Management Life Force Yoga Practitioner Training with Amy Weintraub, Level 1 (70 hours), Sivananda Yoga Centre Bahamas
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader with Lynn Himmelman, Toronto
One of my favorite quotes: “Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self” – The Bhagavad Gita